Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shutterfly for the Classroom!?

Alright, perhaps I'm a bit crazy when it comes to my interest in technology! 

I currently have a classroom wikispace -this is several pages of links to great classroom resources and archives of old classroom work. It's organized and it functions, but it's not very pretty! I also expect that its existence will slowly fade away as I move on to bigger & better places.

Secondly, I have student blogs -these are for students to easily publish their work for others to see, last year it also became a quick place for me to get information, photos, and reminders out to our classroom families.

This spring I took another big leap and entered the blogging world for myself. It started by weeding through the many resources on our wikispace and creating new posts with more eye-catching links. I also love the organization that comes naturally with the tagging feature!

Additionally, you are here, which means I also have quickly started this 2nd blog, for teachers, as I realized I had way too much to share with all of you and I couldn't resist the urge to get started.

Despite having so much going on with all of these new sites (and my recently up-and-running TpT store), I'm already thinking about my next move...

It's Shutterfly!? I'm afraid I don't have all of the answers on this yet, but it definitely appears that this could be the "Classroom-to-Parent communication hub" that I have been looking for! Of course, I did not think of this myself, as usual I have been inspired by another blogger! So, Read this post from a teacher who is already trying it and decide for yourself if it could work for you! It has officially made it on my summer list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your friendly feedback is always appreciated!